Hello everyone, my name is Anna-Lisa. I am 22 years old and this is my second term at Brandman. I am an exclusively online student. I am currently taking two classes, this class along with a social work class. My major right now is social work, but I am in the process of changing it to early childhood studies with an emphasis on special education. I thought I wanted to be a social worker, but I recently started working as an instructional assistant to a severely handicapped class at a local elementary school and I realized it is my passion and being a special education teacher is what I was meant to do. I have always wanted to and for some reason would always change my mind. Now, working in the environment and experiencing what it would be like has reassured me that I do, in fact, want to become a teacher.
There are many aspects of my career path that interest me, including causes of these mental disabilities, coping methods for these children, how age and home environment affect their learning at school and lastly, ways to help them understand school work better.
I would like to learn how to use multiple sources equally when researching. In the past, I notice I tend to lean more on the internet for information which is difficult, because not all sources online are legitimate or 100% correct. I also would like to learn how to find the correct data or statistics. In the past, I have been known to use outdated numbers. The last part of research that I would like to become better at, is starting the process. It always takes me a while to figure out exactly where to start. Hopefully, with this class and blog, I will be able to change some of these things.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Anna-Lisa! It is nice to read a little about your career path. I can definitely tell you that early childhood is my passion too. Early childhood is a great major and you learn so much about different children. I always tell people as they major in this field to volunteer first. If you like it then go for it.
DeleteI like your career path and what you want to research. I find that when I have a question or want to know about something I go to the internet. I do not always know what is 100% accurate information.
I wish you the best of luck in this class. I look forward to reading more of your blog as the weeks fly by.
-Jacky Perry-